I think that Jesus places more value on love than on obedience or faith.
- • I can only love Him after I have experienced His love:
- anything good in my life is a response to something that came from Him.
- • If I love Him, I will take pleasure in first learning what He wants of me, then obeying Him.
- • My faith increases in proportion to the revelation I have received of His goodness,
- which is a manifestation of His love.
Therefore, God’s chosen ones, holy and loved, put on heartfelt compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience, accepting one another and forgiving one another if anyone has a complaint against another. Just as the Lord has forgiven you, so also you must forgive. Above all, put on love—the perfect bond of unity. And let the peace of the Messiah, to which you were also called in one body, control your hearts. Be thankful. Let the message about the Messiah dwell richly among you, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, and singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
(Colossians 3:12-17 Holman Christian Standard Bible ©®)