Look at the context of Mark 9:23, where Jesus is quoted as saying, “All things are possible for the one who believes.”
Remembering that the few times His disciples asked Him to explain something, He replied with detail about what He meant, ask Him some things like:
- Was the “all things” reference figurative, or literal?
- Could that “one who believes” mean even me?
- What does “believes” mean – believing that I can do it? Believing Jesus was speaking truth? Believing Jesus was including me when He said that?
- What am I missing being or doing in my life, that You want me to step into?
- Will You include me in the real-ization of that word of Yours? Will You make me able to do all things by filling me with the faith that is required?